We continue with the series “How to achieve inner peace”. In step 1 we saw the importance of Reeducate the mind. This step is going to talk about how to relax.
Can you imagine someone with inner peace being tense, stressed or upset? It is obvious that having inner peace involves relaxing, although being relaxed does not necessarily mean having inner peace.
Relaxation is a natural state, in which we should stay most of the time, at any time of the day, even if we are working, debating or doing anything.
Relaxing is more than a technique to apply when you get home. Relaxing is a way of life. Imagine what it would be like to bring that state of relaxation to each one of your life’s activities, to your day-to-day life: walking slowly, observing the world around you, smiling, feeling people…
What is stress?
Stress is a reaction of the body to an external stimulus that we understand as a danger (it may be a real danger or not). When that stress is maintained continuously we suffer anxiety. In the end, the main cause of stress is fear: fear of not being able to successfully face the danger that presents itself. You can check if you suffer anxiety here: Symptoms to detect stress. We suggest visiting Best Facials in Manhattan.
How to relax? 25 Ways to introduce relaxation into your life.
The only way to learn to relax is by working: any change in your life involves a personal, individual and continuous work.
These are some ways that I use to stay relaxed. I am a very nervous person and relaxation for me is still a pending issue: I’m still working on it. Visit Waxing in NYC to get the best care of waxing.
- Practice relaxation exercises. Attend a course or search the internet for techniques or videos with exercises. And put them into practice, of course. Start little by little, and with time you will be making progress.
- Look for the body-mind balance, eating healthy, doing physical exercise, sleeping enough hours.
- Meditate. There are many benefits of meditation, including relaxation. Start with 2 minutes a day, and then you increase the time.
- Make instant relaxations. In your day, become aware of if you are relaxed. Observe your body posture, and the moment you feel stressed, change the “chip”. Choose a phrase or mantra to mentally tell you in these instants.
- Take care of your breathing Perform deep and diaphragmatic breaths (from the belly). This will reduce your heart rate, improve your digestion, help you sleep better and calm your emotions.
- Give yourself a massage The massage helps to relax. We can apply it to ourselves or request it from someone else.
- Manage your time Using methods such as GTD or others to manage time helps to relax. Adapt yourself to what you have and do not forget to dedicate time to yourself and your loved ones.
- Change habits What habits stress you the most? Change them. If there is a traffic jam every time you go to work, consider going by bicycle, walking or bus, for example.
- Keep your self-esteem high. When we do not love ourselves we do not believe in ourselves and our possibilities, and this situation is a cause of stress. Look for ways to increase your self-esteem: praise and accept praise, change negative thoughts for positives, do not compare yourself with others, accept and learn from your mistakes, etc.
- Re-educate your mind. Many times the problem only exists in your head.
- Practice the visualizations. Sit a relaxed place and recreate your ideal place. Visualize it and feel it: the water, the grass, the birds, the wind, the sun …
- Take a relaxing bath. Use hot water and aromatic essences. It’s only 10 or 15 minutes. You stay again. Give yourself that whim once a month. (No more: you have to take care of the water of the planet!)
- Eat consciously Savor each bite. Decorate your table with candles or flowers. Enjoy with the 5 senses.
- Expand your circle of relationships. Our family, friends, offer us affection, joy … Communication with others is what most fulfills us. Smile. Say hello, start a conversation Give others the opportunity to meet you.
- Manage your emotions Emotions can break our inner peace. Being aware that we are immersed in an emotional situation is the principle to get out of it.
- Enjoy the senses When you go to work, to buy … observe what is around you, smell, hear … Keep physical contact with the people around you, taste what you eat.
- Do not try to control everything. There are many things that do not depend on us: accept it. We only have real control over our actions and our thoughts. Do not try to control other people. Accept the changes: there is nothing that remains.
- Overcome your fears. Fear is the main cause of stress and anxiety. It prevents us from moving forward in our life. First, delimit the fear. Then find out the cause. To overcome it, you have to face it.
- Beware of expectations. When something or someone is not as we expected, it causes us stress. Also when we propose unattainable goals. Keep your expectations at bay.
- Melt the past. What actions of the past torment you? Reconstruct them in your mind. Forgive yourself and others. We cannot change the past, but we can change our attitude towards it.
- It remains in the present, in the here and now. Be aware of what you do at all times. Do not judge what happens, just live it.
- Pay attention to nature. Go for a walk in the field. Pay attention to colors, smells, sounds … Embrace a tree. Go barefoot on the grass. Feel
- Sing, laugh, play … watch the children: do you see them stressed? Become a child again
- Practice Yoga, Taichi, Chi Kung or any other discipline that helps you relaxes.
- Have a positive attitude towards life. We can see life as we want, it just depends on us. Apply the exercise of being aware and in each situation that affects us, assess what happened and choose the positive side.
I hope you get these tips. And remember: to relax you have to work. Without effort there is no reward!