The main factor of human growth – genetics
It is understood that height is always caused by genetic factors. Scientists believe that an increase of 60% – 80% depending on the genetic indicators, in other words, the appearance of the child in the high dwarf family very unlikely. However, this does not mean that it is absolutely impossible to influence growth. Your main task is not to interfere with natural growth, and to exclude those factors that can impede you. Drugs and alcohol are the main enemies of a healthy development of the organism. Their use during puberty inevitably leads to growth retardation. And another reason for the likely growth inhibition is a wrong or insufficient nutrition. Also, you can resort to some tricks to look visually higher.
Calculate your projected growth
Based on the growth of their parents can be roughly calculated and its projected growth in the future as follows:
- Fold the father and mother of the growth (in centimeters).
- Add to the resulting number of 13 cm if you are a boy; subtract 13 cm if you are a girl.
- Divide by 2.
- The result will be your projected growth in the future, plus or minus 10 cm.
Proper diet – a prerequisite of a healthy growth
- Eat a balanced diet: A man with a full physique always seems lower than the owner of a slim figure. In addition, proper nutrition – the key to good health.
- Eat plenty of lean protein: Among the foods that are high in protein – white meat poultry, soy, fish, dairy products. All these products contribute to the normal development of muscles and maintain healthy bone health. Fast carbohydrates (pizza, candy, drinks and other sweets), in contrast, have a destructive effect on the musculoskeletal system and muscle.
- Eat foods high in calcium: The calcium in spinach, cabbage, and milk products, it is necessary for bone health.
- Saturate zinc diet: Scientific studies indicate a probable link between zinc deficiency and growth retardation in the young man’s body. Rich sources of zinc – oysters, pumpkin, wheat germ, peanuts, seeds, onions, crab meat, and lamb.
- Consume vitamin D: The development of a muscular and skeletal system of children is directly dependent on the presence of vitamin D in the body. Its deficit inevitably leads to stunted growth and the accumulation of excess weight in adolescent girls. Vitamin D is found in fish, alfalfa and various varieties of mushrooms.
Sports – upward movement
At puberty, are of particular importance exercise. To grow and develop, the teenager must be active to stimulate the growth of a very useful exercise with jumping elements. Active training of muscles needs to dedicate at least 30 minutes a day. To classes were not only productive but also regular and exciting, it is desirable to perform one or more of the following recommendations:
- Join a gym: Subscribe to the Sports Club provides access to a wealth of great trainers and a variety of sports inventory. In addition, the presence of paid subscription – a good motivating factor (foolish to miss classes, which spent the money).
- Join in any sports club or team: For many people, the spirit of competition inherent in team sports may be even more attractive and tempting than the actual physical activity. Classes take place in the team more fun and relaxed than individual training.
- Do not be lazy to walk: When there is a free moment, perform unconstrained walk. No matter where to go – to the library, school or supermarket. The main thing – to walk a lot and with pleasure.
When we sleep, then we grow
Another pledge of strong growth – a full sound sleep. The organism grows it during sleep, so that the longer you sleep, the more time giving your body for growth. Teenagers and young adults who have not reached 20 years of age, it is recommended to sleep for 9-11 hours a day. The peak of growth hormone (growth hormone) is for sleeping. Strong, quiet sleep contributes to the normal synthesis of the growth hormone in the pituitary gland.
How sleep helps look younger, lose weight and feel better
Remember the slogan of physicians, “sleep – it’s great”. Came up with this slogan, you went straight into the sleep. But this inference may be wise to add more, a dream – it is health, good mood and … diet. Yes, it is a diet, it is proved that the person during sleep lose weight.
Yes, that’s a paradox turns out, it did not seem to move, lie in peace at the barrel or on the back, snoring, and the kilos melt away. Again, in all “guilty” hormones, there are two friends who are always together – it is ghrelin and leptin. The first can be called the hunger hormone, “live” it in our stomach, it is his handiwork that sucks in his stomach. Leptin is a hormone or satiety, directs the process of the creation of fat cells, it can be compared with the storekeeper, and very thrifty.
So, the balance of these hormones depends on the amount of food consumed. When we are awake, outweighs ghrelin, so the feeling of hunger arises with boring frequency when our eyes are open.
In the process of sleep, these two friends are in relative equilibrium, therefore, extremely rare; we have awakened a feeling of hunger.
But not enough just to sleep, it is important to eat right do not overeat and do not eat before going to bed. Otherwise, no hormones will not help you not only do you have significant protein; you can mess up a couple of internal organs and disrupt the metabolism. Also important not to wake up by the alarm, and from the fact that sleep is no longer hunt, i.e. get enough sleep. Therefore, you must create a schedule; it falls at the same time for a couple of weeks, so that the body is used to.
Sleep – this is one of the most important processes that ensure the viability of the organism. In the dream goes mass processes, the main ones is the regeneration of organs and tissues, excretion of these toxins, as well as the formation of memory. So, sleep is useful not only to the body but also the brain.
You’ve probably noticed how bad mood, when there is a lack of sleep, this is the result of the brain used up a lot of energy for the day, and sleep spent on its partial restoration, failing in this “sort through” all the information. And then you wake up, my head is full of bits of the last day, that swarm, and buzz like a bothersome fly, and then there was a new day and climb into the soul, from here in a good mood. In addition, lack of sleep is worsening memory and attention is scattered. This is because the brain cannot cope with so much information and simply removes the main part of it, leaving the scraps.
For normal operation, the brain must be 8-10 hours of sleep, the optimal minimum 5-7 hours, but not less. The consequences of lack of sleep can be a regular migraine, psychosis, depression and insomnia.
It is necessary to sum up; sleep is the best nutritionist and psychologist. Asleep our mind and brain is busy internal issues occur during sleep regeneration of organs and tissues “packaging” the information received.
For the normal flow of these processes is necessary strictly adhering to the schedule, sleep, wakefulness, and nutrition, because the body is a system that requires balance.
Answers to questions that may worry you:
1. Is caffeine slows the growth?
Research has shown that caffeine does not slow down the process of growth. However, caffeine is able to provoke a significant sleep disturbance. It is known that children and teenagers need to sleep about 9-11 hours a day. Caffeine can be a detrimental effect on the quality and duration of sleep.
2. Does smoking hinder growth?
The influence of nicotine and tobacco smoke is still under investigation. According to reports, Columbia University, studies have shown those children who are passive or active smokers, less than their peers who do not smoke and are not subject to the influence of tobacco smoke.
3. Are steroids increasing the obstacles?
Absolutely, anabolic steroids suppress the growth of bone in children and adolescents. In addition, they help to reduce the sperm count, blood pressure and increase the risk of heart attack. Children and adolescents, who use the steroid inhalers during asthma attack 1-2 cm below their peers who do not take steroids.
4. At what age stops growing?
The body stops growing after puberty. This usually occurs at age 20 or a little later. Until last puberty, the body continues to grow.
How to look up: The main visual tricks
- Watch your posture: Always keep your back straight, do not slouch. Gently pull the shoulders back, mentally pull the spine. A person with correct posture looks much higher and more attractive than slouching.
- Wear tight clothes: Overlying things focuses on the contours of the figures while the spacious clothes they did not say. Wide, spacious clothes make the man a visually lower, down to earth. Only wear the tight clothes that feel comfortable.
- Girls desirable to choose shoes with heels: Undersized girls are not encouraged to wear ballet flats, sandals, and other models of shoes with flat soles.
- Emphasizes the dignity of the figure: If you have long legs, wearing shorts and mini-skirts. Discard the gaiters and leggings – they visually shorten not only the legs but the entire body.
- Wear dark colors: Dark clothing allows you to look slimmer and slender man, in turn, always seems higher. Black, dark blue, deep green, and other dark colors will help you look taller and slimmer.
- Buy items with vertical stripes and patterns: Vertical decorative elements make the figure more slender. Horizontal, on the contrary, visually add a few extra kilos.