Tutoring is an ever popular choice for many parents looking to help support their child’s learning and progress. This can be for many different reasons including – helping a child to gain confidence in a particular subject, helping with lack of parents own knowledge to support their child and to help a child in a subject that perhaps they are struggling in.
You can find tutors in all sorts of subjects including a Maths Tutor Gloucester way such as https://www.achieverstutoring.org.uk/ who can support your child through their maths education.
There are many different benefits to tutoring and these will almost be unique to each child that is supported by a tutor through their educational life. Here are some of our top benefits to hiring a tutor for your child.
- Individual Learning – this means that the learning program that is established by the tutor is dedicated to your child and is designed with their current knowledge and educational needs in mind. This makes the experience a truly unique one for each learner.
- One to One – in the everyday school classroom it can be incredibly difficult to ensure that each child receives one to one attention and this sometimes reserved for those children with additional learning needs. The tutoring experience tailors perfectly for that one to one learning that children benefit greatly from.
- Adaptation – again as the tutor begins to understand your child a little more and their learning styles and needs the tutoring session can be tailored to match these making the learning experience a bespoke one for your child.
- Tests and exams – tutoring is often used as a way in which to help prepare your child for a set of tests or exams. This could be the 11+ grammar test, Year 6 SATS tests and even GCSEs and A-Levels.
- Self esteem and confidence – tutoring can help to build your child’s confidence in any given subject and the one to one support that they get helps to reinforce this and helps to increase their love of learning and belief in themselves.
- Study habits – having a tutor can help to instill in your child some great study habits that they can take with them throughout their educational life and will also help them when they become fully independent learners in the future.
- Distraction free – tutoring, whether held in the home environment or in a dedicated space is free from the everyday distractions that can prevent a child from being able to fully concentrate on their work. This period of time gives them space to be able to fully focus on the subject.