If you feel that your colleagues could do with a bit of a motivational boost then why not think about ways to get them re energized and feeling positive. A happy and positive team, as we all know, will be more productive and will work better together. Getting everyone to agree might be tricky but it may be easier to get them excited if you can come up with some unique and new, not just the same old bar crawl or team bonding exercises. Here are some thoughts on quirky team building activities that should hopefully cater to all tastes:
- Cookery – cooking has seen a real surge in popularity recently with Gordon Ramsey, Jamie Oliver and the Great British Bake Off a big part of prime time viewing. Organise a cook off where teams have to use a list of certain ingredients and the winner is the team to come up with the tastiest and most original dish. Alternatively, the team could attend a professionally run cookery day.
- Zombie Apocalypse – for a more active team, this is an activity that will really encourage collaborative working as the team attempt to survive a warehouse full of attacking zombies.
- Gladiators – have 2 teams go head to head in a gladiator style challenge, encouraging collaborative working and problem solving. Giant games, surfboard rides, rodeo bulls and a whole host of other physical games can be hired to create a fun packed arena for the day. To find a Rodeo Bull manufacturer, visit http://www.gsrodeobulls.com/
- Treasure Hunt – grab your teammates and journey around a local town or city, following clues to receive a prize. This is a great way to explore and also foster working together and problem solving.
- Board Game Tournament – for those with a smaller budget then this is an activity where you don’t have to leave the office. It will bring out the competitive edge and prizes can be offered as an incentive for taking part and winning.
- Drama – many people won’t have done this since high school but it’s a great way to teach skills such as focus, trust and communication. Improvisation, drama and comedy can all feature in the workshop and can be run by yourself or a professional company.
- Mosaic – smash up some tiles and have the team work together to create a huge colourful mosaic. Get the team to produce something on a theme, maybe one of your company’s values. The smashing will be fun and the rest will let their creative juice flow.
- Mini Golf – get your team together to design and build a mini or crazy golf course. Develop the conceptual and creative abilities of your team as they work together to make a playable course together.
- Game Show – star as the host in your very own office game show with team members as your contestants. Customize the categories to suit your needs and adapt to your business.Take commercial breaks and have a prize for the winning contestant.