Makeup perfection is what every woman strives for, so let’s look at how to achieve the timeless smoky eye in six steps.
Prime the eyes
1. The first step is to prime your eyes to ensure the makeup stays in place. The aim is to ensure the makeup does not seep into the fine lines, as this will blemish your appearance. Pat the primer onto your eyelids and place several dabs under your eyes.
2. Concealer should be applied next. To eliminate any shadows under your eyes, you should gently rub a concealer under your eye area using a clean finger. Powder the area underneath the eye with a translucent powder that matches your skin tone and use a tissue to remove any excess powder.
3. Select the darkest shade from your eye palette and sweep this from the lashes to the crease of the eye. It is best to use a small angled brush to apply the eye shadow. If you want to be more adventurous, try using brown, a shimmering plum, or even a green or baby blue. The smoky eye should have softly blended edges, so blend the eye shadow into the crease of the eye and sharpen up the bottom eyelash line.
Smoky eyes give a super-sultry look
4. Once you have chosen and applied the colour of your choice, you will need to define the eye with a black eye pencil. Celebrities are turning to the smoky eye for a sultry appearance; for example, according to Celebs Now, Little Mix member Leigh-Anne Pinnock has shared a photo on Instagram of her working the sexy smoky eye look. It is possible to achieve this look using quality cosmetics; for example, a full range of Benefit makeup is available from stockists such as https://www.carapharmacy.com/en/Benefit/b-743.aspx.
5. Don’t forget to curl your lashes using an eyelash curler if you are heading out on the town. For those unaccustomed to curlers, they are essentially metal clamps. These squeeze downward and help to curl the eyelashes upwards. The key to turning heads is to buy a high-quality eyelash curler.
6. Finish off the look with mascara in your colour of choice. The aim is to achieve long, luscious lashes. Apply the mascara several times to boost the lashes and complement the gorgeous smoky eyes you have created.